Updates, Blah Blah Blah

Ish and I leave tomorrow for Bemily's wedding in New Jersey. My liver has left my body in preemptive protest, and I hope I manage to find it before our flight leaves. Perhaps it is under the bed with Monster, who has also taken to hiding whenever my carry-on suitcase comes out.

I am very much looking forward to a weekend of outright debauchery, except I realized I don't have any clean underwear.

Now, perhaps you're thinking one does not exactly need "clean" underwear if debauchery is going to ensue properly, and I would probably agree with you. But I have to wear something on the plane.

And so it is again that I find myself making the very sad, very telling, very me decision that since it is already 3 p.m. and I have more work and other task-y things to do, that it actually makes more sense for me to run to the store tonight and buy NEW underwear than it does for me to launder underwear I already own.

This probably doesn't seem like the most sensible decision to you, but it makes perfect sense to me. Plus I always am a little tickled that if I use my special credit card, I will earn miles for my purchases. Which means, essentially, that my underwear will eventually be paying for their own flight. HA!

* * *

Um, in other news, my a cappella group's website is finally up! And it only took...um, oh hey, lookit that. FOUR YEARS.

Shut up, I am totally on top of things. What? La la laaaaaa.

* * *

So in the meantime, while I am off gallivanting and carousing and partaking in other outdated terms -- you might wanna take a look up there. Cuz didja notice? I updated my profile.

No, it was probably not worth the four-month wait, and it will probably continue to change...but it DOES include a photo of Ish from Halloween two years ago when he dressed up as Ike Turner. (Yes, I went as Tina and yes, I had a black eye.)

* * *

Were you guys fans of Flight of the Concords? Yeah? Because LOOK HOW COOL THIS IS.

Comments

  1. "And so it is again that I find myself making the very sad, very telling, very me decision that since it is already 3 p.m. and I have more work and other task-y things to do, that it actually makes more sense for me to run to the store tonight and buy NEW underwear than it does for me to launder underwear I already own."

    I do this ALL THE TIME. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even tell you how many times I have bought new underwear for a trip because I didn't feel like washing. Sooooo been there. You're in good company!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your groups music...I listened to the clips on the new site. I was raised in the bay area...too bad I aint there no more cuz' I would come and see you gals! Hope you had a groovy time on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You might this this is totally weird. BUT. My little sister (she's 19 now) used to say Isch Ka Bibble all the time as a child. She named her beta fish Isch-ka. So, all my life I thought that she had made up this other language out of the blue. Until today. I read you profile, and then your bf's "call me ish" post... and for the 1st time in my life, I saw that phrase outside of my parents' house. I'm completely flabbergasted. I don't even know what to say... how does a 4 year old italian girl living in westchester ny come up with a yiddish song title/comedian from the 1940s. whoa. that's all. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The New Zealand Consulate! Awesome! Now I can visit it when I go to New York (read: never).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts