Cool Stuff For Potlucks

One of my favorite things to do is to buy gifts. I love buying stuff for people, and I take doing so very seriously.

The problem with this, of course, is that I work myself into gift-buying frenzies, entering a scary, IT MUST BE PERFECT state of mind, and then get so stressed about it that I use all my gift-buying money on martinis.

(In fact, if you're reading this now, I probably owe you a gift and I'm sorry. I am selfish. The martinis were delightful.)

Drunk shopping aside, I love finding things that will make excellent gifts for people. The kinds of things that you're the first to learn about. Cool stuff that make the receiver go, "I didn't even know this existed! Where ever did you find it?"

And lo, such a thing appeared moments ago on Twitter, via the rockin' CityMama. It's called The Baker's Sto & Go and look how cool!

(wait, hold on, stealing images...)

(...okay, back)



and



and um



Don't those look pretty?

And see how neatly the whole thing closes up:


See? It's the size of a phone book.

Anyway, I just thought it was cool and wanted to share. More of your regularly scheduled blogging coming soon. HOWEVER, in the meantime, I'd love to hear your favorite gift finds.

(People who are my sisters, do not read the comments.)

Thanks!

Comments

  1. OMG I need that.

    (Scrambling to tell friends since birthday is on Friday.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great, but I'm trying to figure out what will prevent all the yummy food from shifting and mashing together the instant I try and carry it anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh that looks snazzy! I love giving unique gifts but I usually troll around antique stores for my finds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is seriously bad-ASS! My favorite gift to get? Gift cards. I know it so, so tacky, but I love to shop for myself and am poor. My favorite gift to give? Tickets to things I know the person will enjoy. Concerts, movies, theater, museum passes. I love knowing they will think of me when they go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love to get people really nice stationery. I don't know why, I think it's because it's something I never think to buy myself but it's a treat to write people notes on wicked nice stuff instead of my target thank-you's.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That would be really useful and awesome for book club meetings, PTA and potlucks. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think these are pretty cool. I think I bought one for everyone I know.

    http://www.sanddunebooks.com/

    which I found here:

    http://www.wantnot.net/

    I also adore my...

    http://www.seatbeltbags.com/

    though they are definitely a splurge.

    a cute site when I need some inspiration...

    http://mightygoods.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. my favorite place to e-window shop is on esty.com. I already have all of my christmas and birthday shopping done this year for my family and friends, but I may have to add that carrier to the list. That's about the neatest thing I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay my NEW favorite gift to give for b-day / housewarming / who needs a reason is this:

    http://www.napageneralstore.com/browseproducts/Cork-Pops-Legacy--Wine-Opener---CO2-Wine-Opener.html

    DUDE. Who doesn't like CO2 AND wine. Because opening the wine should be as fun as drinking it! Much more fun than the boring wine key I've been dragging around since my bartending days...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts